Board of Management
The Board of Management is responsible for the overall running of the school on behalf of the Patron. The Board of Management is appointed for a period of four years and during that period it ensures that each child is provided with an appropriate education. With the exception of the Principal teacher all members of the Board of Management are volunteers who are nominated by various stake-holding groups within the school community. The Patron has two nominees, the Parents have two nominees (one male and one female), the local community has two nominees and the Principal and one other teacher are nominated by the school staff.
At Our Lady's G.N.S. we have an active and dedicated Board of Management. The board meets every four to six weeks to discuss a wide range of issues relating to school life. The Board of Management members are:
Liz Murray - Chairperson
Fr. Liam Belton - Patron's nominee
Ceara Belviso - Parents' nominee
Pádraig Cournane - Parents' nominee
Róisín Ryan - Teachers' nominee
Robbie Murphy - Principal
- Community nominee
Paul O'Reilly - Community nominee
Board of Management Meeting Wednesday 13th December 2023
- Board met at Wednesday 13th December
- Board discussed community nominees
Board of Management Meeting Wednesday 23rd January 2024
- The board met on Wednesday 23rd January 2024.
- The principal updated the board on the current class allocation, school attendance and staffing.
- The principal updated the board on professional development and specific projects currently underway in the school.
- The principal updated the board on the current SSE (School Self evaluation) targets along with the after school clubs available to the pupils.
- The board wishes to thank the staff volunteering for the Rainbows programme.
- The board enjoyed a brief overview of the school and the wide range of activities available to the pupils.
- The board was thankful for the successful application of the STEM Grant.